I’m here with my third post in the series of what is currently cooking in Céidot’s kitchen for Céiron Wars. As I promised last week, in this week’s post I am going to give you some visual examples of the new items and talk about the new item tiers that have been added to the game. I’ll also mention the changes we have made on the item mechanics (itemization).
The New Item Tiers
As you know, there are 5 item tiers in the game currently. These are;
1st Tier – Crude (+1 Bonus)
2nd Tier – Coarse (+2 Bonus)
3rd Tier – Inferior (+3 Bonus)
4th Tier – Decent (+4 Bonus)
5th Tier – Good (+5 Bonus)
There also are special items that can be obtained through quests.
In the new version 3 additional tiers will be added, which are;
6th Tier – Fine (+6 and +7 Bonus)
7th Tier – Elegant (+8 and +9 Bonus)
8th Tier – Rare (+10, +11 and +12 Bonus)
There is also a special tier called “Unique Items”. These items can only be obtained as rewards from the main quests and they already exist in the current version of the game; however, there could be occasions where these items were also dropping from guild quests, this error has been fixed.
As you can see, the new tiers have various internal bonus intervals as well. Fine items will be able to award both 6 and 7 total bonus points.
Important Change in Item Mechanics
We have designed the item mechanics from the ground up. I’ll try to shortly explain the new mechanics below.
* The first five tiers of items will be available from main quests, guild quests and vendors.
* The new item tiers Fine, Elegant and Rare will only be available from guild quests. These items will not be buyable. However, you will be able to sell these items to the vendors, which can net you a serious amount of income. The items you sell will not be added to the vendors’ actual inventory. Thus, it will not be possible for players to obtain these items through indirect means.
* The durability of all items will be fixed at 100. However, items will suffer 1 point of durability damage after each battle.
* Item repair will be a very expensive process. We will not implement the permanent 1 point durability reduction after each repair at this point in time, however.
* The formulae that calculate the vendor prices of the items and the amount the vendors offer while buying your items have been altered.
* Guild quests will now have a higher chance of dropping items on completion. Additionally, guild quest difficulty has been greatly reduced. Although our current topic isn’t guild quests, since this also concerns the itemization I want to mention them shortly. Guild quest battles will now be fought by much smaller armies (both your and the AI’s army will be much smaller). Thus, the price to pay after guild quests will be much lower and this will favor the player with the new risk/reward ratio.
* All high level guild quests except Power Prodigies quests will have a higher chance of dropping first five tier items. However, the last three tiers of items (Fine, Elegant and Rare) will have a higher chance of dropping in the high level quests of the Power Prodigies. Of course, I must remind you that the difficulty of the Power Prodigies quests is also higher. Additionally, rare items will only drop from the 5th and 6th level quests of the Power Prodigies.
* Other than guild quests and some main quests, no other quest or battle type will award item rewards. In the current version of the game the Arena battles can also award item rewards, which will no longer be the case in the new version. The players will have three options for obtaining items. Main quests that award item rewards, which are limited in number and cannot be repeated; vendors, who don’t sell all items in the game; and lastly, guild quests, which are basically the core of the itemization system.
To understand the general picture about the item mechanics, the changes in the guild quests should be carefully looked at as well. In the end, the real source of items is the guild quests; however, this week’s post is not about them. We will talk about this subject next week.
How Many Items Will There Be in the New Version?
One of your most common questions is about the amount of items. In the current game there are around 130 items. In the new version, on the other hand, there are over 300 items that are currently implemented. Or rather, if we take into account that we have deleted all the old items and redesigned them from scratch, we can say that there are 300 items in the game as of now. Of course, this number isn’t final. Until the new version is implemented on the open beta servers, we probably will have upped the amount to 400s.
And Let’s Share Some Item Visuals Now
In closing, I wish to share with you some other examples of the new items. Next week, I will be sharing with you the changes regarding the guild quests and its effect on the itemization system. Enjoy the visuals of the new items folks, we will keep on working.
Creative Director and Producer
Céidot Game Studios